Account creation via useraccounts not working in production

Works fine in development and when deploying to Galaxy. However, when deploying with Meteor Up, I get continual 502 errors in the client console when submitting the form. I tried deploying it again without an SSL proxy and got continual connection errors.

Any ideas?

1 Like

This problem only occurs when attempting to send email. I have the MAIL_URL environment variable set correctly and all ports are open.

The client error shows net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in the console and the Network->XHR shows GET requests failing for http://app.com/sockjs/info?cb=[some random string].

Okay, this seems to be a bycrypt error. I located the following log on the server:

node: symbol lookup error: /built_app/programs/server/npm/node_modules/bcrypt/lib/binding/bcrypt_lib.node: undefined symbol: _ZN4node19GetCurrentEventLoopEPN2v87IsolateE

As of yet I have no idea how to fix it though.

Fixed by rolling back bycrypt to version 3.0.0 (Iā€™m using Meteor 1.8.0.1).

Hey @eicksl, can you please elaborate how to fix it. As I am getting the same problem while deploying with mup

1 Like

@justkapoor Open your package.json file and within the dependencies object set the value of bycrypt to "3.0.0". Save it and then run npm install.