Accounts-twitter creating dependency on Blaze?

I’m not sure what’s going on, but while trying to eliminate the Blaze package from my React codebase (which can be super tricky when you have a lot of packages by the way, since there’s no way to find out which one is depending on it) I narrowed it down to accounts-twitter.

Looking at the code it looks like it depends on accounts-base, which itself has a weak dependency on templating. Now the weird part is that having accounts-base in my codebase doesn’t cause Blaze to be loaded, but adding accounts-twitter does…?

It looks like the twitter OAuth package is the culprit:

Oh, good find! So does that mean there’s a bunch of React apps with Twitter log-in out there that still include Blaze for no good reason? That seems like it could be a pretty big issue in terms of loading speed.

Unfortunately yes - and it looks like the dependency on Blaze is just needed to show the login service configuration dialog. Sounds like PR time! (for someone else that is … my caffeine levels are dangerously low today; I’d end up replacing the Blaze dependency with Spark …)

My project is pulling in Blaze (and thus jQuery) and the only thing I can trace it back to is accounts-base. You sure it was just twitter pulling in Blaze? How about accounts-facebook and accounts-google?

Edit: Removed static-html as it depends on templating. No change though…

meteor-base@1.0.4             # Packages every Meteor app needs to have
#mobile-experience@1.0.4       # Packages for a great mobile UX
mongo@1.1.14                   # The database Meteor supports right now
reactive-var@1.0.11            # Reactive variable for tracker
tracker@1.1.1                 # Meteor's client-side reactive programming library

standard-minifier-js@1.2.1    # JS minifier run for production mode
es5-shim@4.6.15                # ECMAScript 5 compatibility for older browsers.
ecmascript@0.6.1              # Enable ECMAScript2015+ syntax in app code

accounts-password@1.3.3
accounts-base@1.2.14
fourseven:scss

random@1.0.10
static-html@1.1.12_1

kadira:flow-router
reactive-dict@1.1.8
shell-server@0.2.1
semantic:ui
less@2.7.8
meteortoys:allthings