Advanced way to profile the Meteor build tool

Hello everyone! I am having some troubles on one complex app structure which has got really high timings on last code merges. You can check it out here.

I have been researching a way to get further info on the build system. According to the docs for analyzing the Meteor’s build tool performance, there is an advanced manner to instrument the code for the profiler and get further sense of what could be the culprit in a build/reload process.

I really don’t understand how I can proceed to this strategy to get further build information, and I cannot find any example around the matter. I only found in this post a reference of using v8-profiler package, to flow the process, but still I am not able to figure out how this can be used to analyze the meteor build tool.

Anyone has any idea on how to use this strategy? Can you provide any usage example of v8-profiler for meteor?

I’d like to know how to do this too. My meteor build takes forever.

Hey, I’m the author of the blog post you linked to!

It’s extremely annoying to do; I do it by patching the global installation of Meteor (stored in ~/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/1.6.1/mt-os.osx.x86_64). You also have to manually install the v8-profiler into the dev_bundle npm module folder.

I should probably PR Meteor to make this easier. This technique is how I discovered all of the following: