Alanning:roles v4 released!🎊

I’m happy to announce the release of the next major version of alanning:roles! :confetti_ball:

Version 4 has been in works for over a year, but despite that it is not a major change if you have been following the updates towards Meteor 3. The main thing is that synchronous functions have been completely removed from the server, which will reduce duplication and bundle size. But don’t worry, you still have them available on the client side!
Roles v4 are still backward compatible to Meteor 2.8.1, so you can still use it to migrate gradually to Meteor 3. That said, the next major iteration of this package will drop that support.

The full changelog:

• BREAKING: Synchronous functions are now available only on client side
  • BREAKING: Migration functions for past versions are no longer available
  • Removed deprecated publication of legacy role assignments
  • UI Helpers now use console.debug for debugging messages
  • RolesCollection and RoleAssignmentsCollection can now be exported in addition to being accessed via Meteor.roles and Meteor.roleAssignment
  • Support for Meteor 3

I would like to thank @jkuester and @dallman for their help on this release and @harry97 for his feedback. :clap::clap::clap:

We hope to have more exciting announcements about this package in the near future.:shushing_face:

:pray: I would highly appreciate if you could support my open source work via GitHub Sponsors! :pray:

8 Likes