"All-in-Packages" vs. "Es6 Modules / Webpack": Which project-structure do you recon?

Hi guys,

damn… all those options are soo confusing… in particular to me as a meteor newbie, I guess… :smiley:

I spend the last 2 days figuring out how to get the “all-in-packages” project structure working ( https://forums.meteor.com/t/is-packages-for-everything-the-solution-to-all-meteor-problems/ ). And so far I really like the approach.

BUT is also stumbled upon the HUGE & fresh forum-topic “es6 modules / webpack” ( Webpack compiler inside Meteor (ES6 modules, hot reload and code splitting!) ),
which (as far as I understand) it seems to be the alternativ to “all-in-packages”?

“Code-Splitting” sound really really cool and something I would really like to do… in the sense of hiding the code from non-logged in users.

Is “es6 modules” the way to go? What do you guys recon?
Does testing work well with “es6 modules”?

Webpack compiler inside Meteor (ES6 modules, hot reload and code splitting!)

Meteor also appears to be rolling their own package system around es6 modules.

ES6 modules proposal

I agree, it’s very confusing for new meteor users like ourselves. From what I gather, the webpack option is the one that will right now allow us to take advantage of that huge ecosystem of npm javascript/react components.