"All-in-Packages" vs. "Es6 Modules / Webpack": Which project-structure do you recon?

Hi guys,

damn… all those options are soo confusing… in particular to me as a meteor newbie, I guess… :smiley:

I spend the last 2 days figuring out how to get the “all-in-packages” project structure working ( https://forums.meteor.com/t/is-packages-for-everything-the-solution-to-all-meteor-problems/ ). And so far I really like the approach.

BUT is also stumbled upon the HUGE & fresh forum-topic “es6 modules / webpack” ( Webpack compiler inside Meteor (ES6 modules, hot reload and code splitting!) ),
which (as far as I understand) it seems to be the alternativ to “all-in-packages”?

“Code-Splitting” sound really really cool and something I would really like to do… in the sense of hiding the code from non-logged in users.

Is “es6 modules” the way to go? What do you guys recon?
Does testing work well with “es6 modules”?

2 Likes

Meteor also appears to be rolling their own package system around es6 modules.

ES6 modules proposal

I agree, it’s very confusing for new meteor users like ourselves. From what I gather, the webpack option is the one that will right now allow us to take advantage of that huge ecosystem of npm javascript/react components.

1 Like