Amazon SES Signature Version 4 (SIGv3 Deprecation)

Hi,

I’m using Meteor’s Email.send function with Amazon SES (Simple Email Services). I’m asking those who are using amazon ses, should I do anything since i got this email:

We are extending support for Signature version 3 until February 28, 2021 (the previously announced deprecation date was October 1, 2020). Beginning March 1 2021, support for Signature Version 3 will be turned off in Amazon SES, and only Signature Version 4 will be supported going forward. Amazon SES customers who are currently using Signature Version 3 must migrate to Signature Version 4 by February 28, 2021. After that, Amazon SES will only accept requests that are signed using Signature Version 4.

You can easily identify API requests that use Signature Version 3 by looking at the request headers. Requests that use the Signature Version 3 resemble the following example (note the “AWS3”):
X-Amzn-Authorization: AWS3-HTTPS AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLE,Algorithm=HMACSHA256,Signature=lBP67vCvGl …

To move to Signature Version 4:

If you are self-signing your requests, refer to our documentation for Authenticating requests to the Amazon SES API [1] and creating a canonical request for Signature Version 4 [2].

If you are not self-signing your requests, simply update your SDK/CLI to the latest version.

[1] Using the Amazon SES API to send email - Amazon Simple Email Service
[2] Create a signed AWS API request - AWS Identity and Access Management

Thanks

Did you find anything? We received the same email from AWS and we did not know if we’re using v3 or v4!?

So far nothing, but i thik this is only for api-requests, not for SMTP credentials.