An official way to stream data from one client to any number of other clients?

By default, Meteor has a nice mechanism that syncs Mongo data across clients with collections/pubs/subs.

But some apps may want to send or “stream” data from one client to one or more other clients, without the overhead of dealing with collections (even if in-memory minimongo), publications, or subscriptions.

An official solution to this would be nice.
What do you recommend MDG?
Can a lightweight communication mechanism be officially added?

Considering how Meteor is praised as a tool for making “real time” applications, it seems like a given that Meteor should have something like this.

Some community solutions exist:

That last two examples currently seem like the most official ways, but they seem a little more heavy/complicated than necessary for simple use cases (for example streaming accelerometer data from one client to another). My client receiving data doesn’t need a client collection (it doesn’t need selecting, sorting, etc), it just needs to react to a piece of data when it is received from another client, without any overhead.