Anyone used deep linking with their app?

I’m using the Meteoric package to run ionic on my meteor app. I’d like to use the https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/Custom-URL-scheme (nl.x-services.plugins.launchmyapp plugin) in my app. Actually I am using it, but it isn’t working right.

I’m trying to use this plugin to deep link from a URL into my app. Right now I’m just trying to get it to work with the verify-email link. I click the link and it takes me into the app, but it always wants me to login first.

@j4507 just wondering what you ended up doing?
I saw https://atmospherejs.com/dispatch/deep-link also wondering how you do this from an app notification?
thanks

I never did get it to work exactly right. Luckily at the time I didn’t need the feature right away. I’ll have to look at that package, but it looks like it just wraps the same package I was using and gives an API to it. Also, with Meteor 1.3 I’m guessing some of this might change too.

Thanks. Yep… finally getting the some of my backlog and deep linking from a iOS/Android notification is one of them. I am sure others must be doing it.

@j4507 wondering if you made any progress with this?

Sometime I get something via the callbacks, sometimes I don’t. Can’t quite put my finger on why… could be

DeepLink.once('INTENT', function(intent){
        console.log('1 Got some deep linked data...',intent);
        alert("2:")
    });

DeepLink.once('myapp', function(data, url, scheme, path, querystring){
        console.log('2 Got some deep linked data...',data, url, scheme, path, querystring);
        alert("3:" + url)
    });

On subsequent calls to myapp://someurl I see this on the console of the App:

[Info] Triggered by intent: – "myapp://someurl" (console-via-logger.js, line 174)

So the app opens, it just never gets the params properly/consistently

I haven’t had time to look into it yet. If you figure it out let us know, I’m sure others are also having similar issues.

Did you fix your issues with deep linking?

@erperejildo @j4507 wondering if you made any progress on this?

I’m not using it in anything now.