"App startup timed out..." - Geofencing, Background (iOS App)

I’m using this Cordova Package (cordova-background-geolocation-lt) to handle Geofencing.

As long as the app is running the whole process is working as expected. But at the point when the app is closed (terminated) and the background process tries to start the app again, it breaks and drops this error in the system console:

“App startup timed out, reverting to last known good version”

I know there were some issues on the Meteor github and also in the last couple of releases 1.3.4.x some patches which addressed the WebAppStartupTimeout behavior. Unfortunately the app is up to date with the latest release.

Does anybody have an idea how to go on with debugging? Or did somebody use the mentioned Cordova package with Meteor already and had a similar problem?

Here you can check the simple test app: https://github.com/ddresch/meteor-geofencing-test

I created an issue on github and also a simple test app which shows the described behavior. Maybe somebody in the forum can step in and give any hint :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to solve your problem, but I need to implement the same thing soon! My first stab with the background geolocation didn’t go well but I need to get back to it in a couple of weeks. Hopefully you will get some help by then! My mobile app is still on version 1.2.