Are there any updates about going mobile with Meteor?

Hi everybody. I’m looking for the high-performance cordova framework for meteor.
The last time I used meteoric:ionic the app was a bit laggy in some situations (e.g. nav slider). The same thing was with famous-views, some animations on Android were jerky too and that’s quite not what I’ve expected from famo.us.

I think I’ll go with Meteoric again. Just want to check if there are some better solutions for meteor now.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat, I’ve checked Meteoric and other CSS frameworks.

In the end I decided to go with Materialize CSS because of the nice components and colours. You can get a good-looking app very quickly by using it. I preferred using it over Meteoric because it has more components and options and a bigger community behind it (10k+ stars on github).

Would you say that Materialize adds a native-feeling to it such as Meteoric does? :smile:

It is nowhere close to being as performant as native but it certainly gives a native “feeling” to your app. I suggest you toy around with it and see if it suits your needs.

Fair enough. Would you say performant enough for a small-scale production app?

We’re using Materialize in the app we’re building at work.
It’s early days (<3) yet, but it does look good.

I’m feeling uncomfortable with Meteoric as well. The UI is nice but it’s still laggy. I wonder if this is a Cordova limitation or the problem comes when integrating with Meteor.

Maybe I’ll give a shot with MaterializeCSS. I simply don’t feel meteoric is production-ready.