Arunoda: Leaving the Meteor Community

I see. You’re one of those people who think that correlation equals causality.

1 Like

I’m merely fed up with all these “The sky is falling” postings, whinings and what-have-you. Postings like @aadams don’t help in that regard.

2 Likes

… learn devops or use Heroku/Galaxy :thinking:

Congrats and thanks for all of your efforts and software! :thumbsup:

Oh, great. A “disclaimer”.

“Hey guys, I’m hinting at stuff and putting the company in the worst light possible, but it’s all a joke!”

Here’s a hint: If one actually does satire it’s not meant to be meaningless.

3 Likes

This ‘Good-Bye’ post has outlived its purpose :slight_smile:

The original poster probably had the chance to move on from next.js to another platform by now :wink:

Can we close it now? It comes up as my ‘Most Recent’ every time I open this forum. Imagine the number of people we could have helped instead of this conversation.

Here is my honest opinion:

1. Meteor is truly great - if it wasn’t for Meteor we would still be building our product instead of having paying clients who are asking us for more features (and we are obliging in record times thanks to Meteor)
  2. MDG moved on from the UI side of things and they did post their roadmap - https://github.com/meteor/meteor/blob/devel/Roadmap.md
  3. The community is really taking over critical pieces and MDG is working on communication with us (taking longer than expected, but at least the intent is there) – have you seen the recent updates to Blaze or the new Redis-Oplog solution to scalable reactivity? Or the many React / Vue contributions? Or even the tutorials by @diaconutheodor ?
  4. Apollo is a great project, and I believe it fits extremely well with Meteor and would be great marketing tool for it as well once integration is really tight (imagine someone developing a GraphQL App from scratch and realizes they have a one-stop solution with Meteor + Apollo)
  5. @arunoda had solid contributions in the past (I believe that oplog was his idea), very appreciated, but his Meteor-based business is not picking up as much as he expected (see his article) and he actually left a while ago. He also has interests in other things, and support for his projects seems to be a challenge. Many people have been complaining for a while about MUP, maybe we need to as a community look at this.

Now … can I get back to work please :slight_smile: ?

12 Likes

Thanks for the FlowRouter and for your various tutorials. It’s a pity to lose such a valuable member but I understand JavaScript world changes incredibly fast so even constant contribution to one framework more then 3 years looks already as an achievement.

Okay guys. This post is going somewhere elae.
@ramez has a good point on that.

Anyway, do not emotionally attach to any technology.

8 Likes