Atom / Nuclide - must-have packages?

I use WebStorm, but Nuclide has caught my attention. What packages do you Atom users recommend for use with Meteor?

1 Like

Nuclide… Not so much. For me, it high jacked the tree view, essentially turning Atom into Nuclide. Try searching this site or google for top atom plugins. The linters can be a bit confusing. I switch from sublime. I’m not sure it beats WebStorm. I’ve heard good things about its support for Meteor. Why are you considering a change?

I’ve been using Atom with Meteor for ~ 1 year – here’s my current list of packages:

atom-beautify
atom-ctags
browser-plus
indent-guide-improved
jscs-fixer
jshint
linter
linter-eslint
meteor-api
meteor-snippets
react

I agree with @jitterbop that setting up the linters and keeping things kosher can be a bit troublesome at times, but I feel like there is a good trade off in productivity. Beautify is great when cloning other repos, etc. that you are pulling in, plus it beautifies handlebars, so that’s nice.

Yeah, never mind, you’re right :wink: I thought Nuclide would be much more of a game changer than it is. Atom still can’t even jump to definitions out of the box (or as well) as WebStorm does.

1 Like

My only beef is that WebStorm is not up to par performance-wise compared to Atom or Sublime. I’m not a fan of Java apps… never seen one that was really responsive.

That sounds like a great feature. Yes, WebStorm can not match the no-bloat speed and simplicity of sublime and atom. If you plan to adopt Mantra the Atom package is very nice.