Best cheap host for meteor?

is there guide to host meteor in now.sh ?

I think this is it npm package

Vultr actually just upgraded what you get for your money on 1st of March

where does heroku fit on this price scale?

Heroku is $7 per app per month for their cheapest option (Iā€™m not counting free because itā€™s severly limited). And you donā€™t get any DB for that price.

2 Likes

Heroku tends to be a little cheaper than Galaxy in my experience. Because they charge less per unit of RAM, but also Iā€™ve found that they are able to support more concurrent users per container, which I found a little odd, as I was expecting Galaxy to be optimized for Meteor and provide better performance. But take this with a grain of salt, the metrics I based this on were more qualitative than quantitative.

for small apps i use ovh vps offer. Itā€™s cheap but it works well. With a pm2-meteor, deployment are really simple.

1 Like

i think heroku is best solution for it

If you want to go with providers other than shared hosting ones, then you can try out Linode hosting. Their pricing starts around $10. You will get 1GB ram, 1 core processor, 20 GB HDD and 1TB bandwidth.

Canā€™t beat DigitalOcean $5 droplet. Iā€™ve used it for several production apps. And things went smoothly as always

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œgood amountā€ but I use Vultr for my projects. Especially $2.5 starter pack

If you consider, you could use my referral to support: https://www.vultr.com/?ref=7425067