I’d like to talk about scripts you use (and move from the project to project) to complete quite common tasks you face with again and again every day. For example I and my buddies assembled /bin directory which contains bash scripts for the next purposes:
- Generate a final settings.json file (merged from many sources) for specific environment dev/stage/prod
- Dump/Restore mongoDB locally from a specific remote source (get a copy of the production database locally - ez!)
- The simplest deployment procedure (with dockered mup of course!)
- Connect to the dev/stage/prod database
- Automatically login as a specific user within your browser on dev/stage/prod instance (authToken does the magic)
I’m sure most of you have similar home-grown suits
Did anybody try to share his solutions with the world? Are the any packages/modules/repositories for the purpose?