Bootstrap grid doesnt work

Hi,

I wan to use bootstrap for my project. I started with this test template to test grids

<template name="bstest">

<div class="container">
		<div class="row">
			<div class="col-md-6 alert alert-success">col1</div><div class="col-md-6">col2</div>
		</div>
	</div>
</template>

unfortunately there are no columns, the two divs are just rendered on top of each other.

I tried to use either of those packages for bootstrap (only one at a time of course):
twbs:bootstrap
twbs:bootstrap@3.3.6
mizzao:bootstrap-3

but with the same result

adding the bootstrap manually with a link tag either in the supertemplate’s head or this templates body did not change anything as well

bootstrap itself was working with each of these attempts - I tested it via the “alert alert-success” class which was rendering correctly in a smooth green

Apart from that I have only official standard packages installed like autoform and facebook login

I tested the same code outside meteor and the columns rendered fine side by side as I would have expected

Please guys tell me - what did I do wrong?
Appreciate your help

What does the rest of your markup look like? I created a bare-bones Meteor project with twbs:bootstrap and it works as expected

Hey guys I just figured it out! It seems to have to do with the relatively small size of my screen plus that my developer console was opened. When I used col-xs-6 it worked. Thanks Anyway!

And thank you @jamgold for going through the trouble of creating a barebone project