'build' no longer creates an apk. What now?

Today, after making some changes to my project, I wanted to build it for Android.

I run the build command like so:

meteor build --server=[my server, a localhost] [a local folder]

This is the end of the resulting string of results:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 11s for Android |

45 actionable tasks: 45 executed

/Users/[me]/Meteor/[my project]/.meteor/local/cordova-build/platforms/android/app/build/outputs/bundle/release/app-release.aab

%% Conflict found, edit-config changes from config.xml will overwrite plugin.xml changes

There is no .apk in my [a local folder], but there is this app-release.aab. Thereā€™s also a readme which has a link to the Meteor guide to building for Android:

This does not mention an .aab file.

What do I do with this? How do I get my app on the Google Play Store?

1 Like

This article talks about this, but does not provide a how-to:

It also says this: ā€œIf you still want to use the old apk format use the following flag in the build command: ā€“packageType=apkā€, but, this does not work for me.

If I try this:

meteor build ā€“-packageType=apk --server=[my localhost] [my folder]

I get this:

build: too many arguments.

What should I do?

Hi, are you running Meteor 2.3?

Make sure you are running latest Meteor to be able to use new features.

Thanks.

Iā€™m using Meteor 2.4.

What new features are you referring to? I just want an APK, which ā€˜buildā€™ used to generate.

Or an explanation as to what to do now that I donā€™t get an APK anymore.

I resolved the issue with the build command. Itā€™s hardly perceptible, but the two dashes in front of packageType in my first post, above, are actually two different types of dashes. Serves me to copy things like this from the internets.

Then going through signing and zipaligning gave me my .apk, but I also now have an .aab, named properly.

So, Iā€™m back on track.

Thanks for taking a look, @filipenevola

1 Like