Building a meteror app for android does not seem that finds android hove even though is set

As I also asked in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45187269/meteorcannot-find-the-android-home-when-i-try-to-build-via-ubuntu-even-though-i

As link descibes I am trying to build a meteor app for android but I get some errors when I try to add the platform for android to my meteor project using ubuntu 16.04.2LTS. But I get the following error:

✗ Android target: Android SDK not found. Make sure that it is installed. If it is not at the default location, set the >ANDROID_HOME environment variable.
✗ Gradle: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK. Might need to update your Android SDK.
Looked here: /home/pcmagas/Λήψεις/tools/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper

The mystery behind this error is that I installed the android SDK and I have set the path into ANDROID_HOME enviromental variable as you can see in he following commands (and in the link above):

$ echo $ANDROID_HOME 
/home/pcmagas/Λήψεις/tools

(The $ indicates the command)

Also I exported the path having some extra info:
export $PATH="$PATH:$ANDROID_HOME/bin"

And I use the sdk only tools provided via google and not the whole android studio. Any ideas?

This helped me: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/8464

Cordova doesnt support the latest android tools, so you need to downgrade to 25.3.1 or lower

1 Like

I looked the github issue and I executed:

sdkmanager "build-tools;25.0.3"

Now I get the only the error:

✗ Gradle: Could not find gradle wrapper within Android SDK. Might need to update your Android SDK.
Looked here: /home/pcmagas/Λήψεις/SDK/tools/tools/templates/gradle/wrapper

In the end I put wrong folder path unto ANDROID_HOME enviromental variable I moved the unzipped tools (from the downloaded SDK as .zip) folder into a folder named /home/pcmagas/Λήψεις/SDK and set up the ANDROID_HOME enviromental variable as:

export ANDROID_HOME=/home/pcmagas/Λήψεις/SDK

Then I proceed with the meteor command as it should.