Cache static data on server

My project has three collections that have mostly static data, but queried very often. Would like to cache the queired data by a custom key. Looking for a distributed cache like Memcached / Redis, so that we don’t load and keep the data in Meteor Node. Please help me if there are any ideas or existing smart packages. Also, need MongoDB and Cache system (Memcache / Redis) co-exists in the project.

There is a memcached package - although it does not appear to be documented or have a github page.

On the other hand, MDG have an interim Redis package: slava:redis-livedata which they reference in their Full Stack Database Drivers page. I have used this and within its documented limitations does work. @slava has also published an example project which uses this. In lieu of formal documentation you will probably find this useful.

There is also that nice package from meteorhacks https://github.com/meteorhacks/subs-manager about caching subscriptions on client to reduce drastically bandwidth. Maybe that is just better than server side caching?