Can’t install cordova-plugin-file

I just installed the cordova-plugin-file plugin and it throws an error when trying to run the application on my android device:

.../local/cordova-build/platforms/android/src/org/apache/cordova/filetransfer/FileTransfer.java:59: error: package org.apache.cordova.file does not exist import org.apache.cordova.file.FileUtils;

I’m not sure exactly what it means. As I can see it raises from another plugin filetransfer which I never installed. I tried doing it by adding the cordova-plugin-file-transfer but the error remains. Any ideas?

The current version of the plugin Meteor includes to serve files and support hot code push depends on both cordova-plugin-file and cordova-plugin-file-transfer. I suspect you’re trying to install a version of cordova-plugin-file that is somehow incompatible with the existing cordova-plugin-file-transfer.

Unfortunately, Cordova plugins do not really respect version constraints and which version wins when it is included multiple times is somewhat arbitrary, You should be able to use the version of cordova-plugin-file that is included by default however.