Cannot rebuild local or redeploy after building Cordova app

I am running Meteor 1.2.1 with Blaze. I have an app that runs fine on local and is also deployed using mupx and Digital Ocean. I am also able to build a Cordova app on my iPhone. However, following the Cordova build, I am no longer able to load the app on my local machine or redeploy using mupx.

These are the steps I take (local and deployed version works fine before this):

• meteor add-platform ios
  • meteor build ios --server <myDomain.com>
  • open XCode and open .xcodeproj file at /ios/ios/project
  • run app on my iPhone. The app opens fine on my phone and is connected to my previously deployed app

At this point, I see the following differences in my project:

• I have an error message in WebStorm saying: “PhoneGap Plugin: PhoneGap/Cordova has incorrect executable path”
  • there is a new ios folder in my app directory

Now, I have the following issues when I run:

• meteor - this gets stuck indefinitely on "Loading plugin CosmosBrowserify"
  • mupx deploy: this gets stuck indefinitely on “Using buildOptions : {}”

Any thoughts?

UPDATE

I have seen suggestions online to remove the ecmascript package to resolve the error I get when loading on local. If I do so, I get the following error:

=> Errors prevented startup:                  

While processing files with templating (for target web.browser):
   ios/ios/project/build/emulator/<myProject>.app/www/application/head.html:1: Expected one of: <body>, <head>, <template>
   ios/ios/project/build/emulator/<myProject>.app/www/application/index.html:1: Can't set DOCTYPE here.  (Meteor sets <!DOCTYPE html> for you)
   ios/ios/project/www/application/head.html:1: Expected one of: <body>, <head>, <template>
   ios/ios/project/www/application/index.html:1: Can't set DOCTYPE here.  (Meteor sets <!DOCTYPE html> for you)

While processing files with templating (for target web.cordova):
   ios/ios/project/build/emulator/<myProject>.app/www/application/head.html:1: Expected one of: <body>, <head>, <template>
   ios/ios/project/build/emulator/<myProject>.app/www/application/index.html:1: Can't set DOCTYPE here.  (Meteor sets <!DOCTYPE html> for you)
   ios/ios/project/www/application/head.html:1: Expected one of: <body>, <head>, <template>
   ios/ios/project/www/application/index.html:1: Can't set DOCTYPE here.  (Meteor sets <!DOCTYPE html> for you)

=> Your application has errors. Waiting for file change.

Is this related? Why would it be referencing the ios folder if building on local? The head.html and index.html files seem to have duplicate code.