Can't build app! (Meteor 1.3)

Hi all,

If I run: meteor build /users/tdwells90/realm-app --architecture os.linux.x86_64 I get the following error:

C:\Users\tdwells90\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.0_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\meteor-promise\promise_server.js:116
      throw error;
            ^
Error: Surprising path: /users/tdwells90/realm-app
    at toDosPath (C:\Users\tdwells90\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.0_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\static-assets\server\mini-files.js:34:13)
    at C:\Users\tdwells90\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.0_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\static-assets\server\mini-files.js:82:16
    at Array.map (native)
    at Function._.map._.collect (C:\Users\tdwells90\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.0_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\underscore\underscore.js:97:56)
    at Object.pathResolve (C:\Users\tdwells90\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.3.0_3\mt-os.windows.x86_32\tools\static-assets\server\mini-files.js:79:16)
    at buildCommand (C:\tools\cli\commands.js:882:26)
    at Command.main.registerCommand._.extend.name [as func] (C:\tools\cli\commands.js:789:12)
    at C:\tools\cli\main.js:1408:23

The path \Users\tdwells90\realm-app exists, so not sure why it’s saying ‘Surprising path’.

I am completely stumped. All day I’ve been having issues with deployment, be it mup, mupx or meteor build.

Note this is building with Windows. I can try a Mac and see if that works?

I would be very grateful for any assistance!

Thanks,

Tom.

As you can see here, it seems the build tool on Windows doesn’t expect to see dashes in the path. If you rename your folder to realmApp, it should work.

1 Like

Good call! Will do that :slight_smile:

Thanks!