Can't create meteor project

I installed meteor 1.5.2.2 and tried it with meteor 1.5.2 as well and I still can’t create a project. My npm version is 5.4.2 and my node version is 8.6.0.

Whenever I run the create command it fails and gives me this (with version 1.5.2.2)

events.js:141
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

Error: write EPIPE
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
    at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:790:14)

In version 1.5.2 it’s a different issue, but I wouldn’t want to focus on that. I hope this is not a duplicate. I found a similar issue, but it had a different trace. I really need to start a project ASAP and I cannot do it in any way…

Any help would be appreciated. PS: I’m new to meteor, not web development, just Meteor.

EDIT: (I’ve also tried meteor 1.6-rc.5)

events.js:182
      throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
      ^

at _errnoException (util.js:1019:11)
    at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:860:14)

It seems like it’s impossible for me to create a meteor app and I really need it

Longshot:

• try closing all your editors when you do a meteor create.
  • are you running on windows? Try limiting / disabling any running antimalware / antivirus jobs

Explanation: There have been issues like this during builds. It was due to to many watchers slowing things down during the build and the build would get confused.

@brucejo,

No editors open, on macos sierra, no malware, antivirus etc.

I have nothing open on port 3000… :frowning: I also tried downgrading npm and node to version 4.x and 7.x but still not working…

Meteor comes with it’s own version of node and npm. What is your setup like? meteor create works here without problem.

Please show your Meteor installation steps and app create command.

I have exact same problem with create.

My steps:

1. install meteor curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
  2. meteor create simple-todos

Results:
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:790:14)

I’m on Mac OS Sierra, I restarted my laptop to make sure nothing is running at any port, create command still failed

i have similar issue as well while creating meteor project in local.
I will show what i got bellow error .
C:\EDW_NEW\project>meteor create tasklist
C:\Users\pjha39\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.8.0\mt-os.windows.x86_64\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\meteor-promise\promise_server.js:218
throw error;
Any help would be appreciated,many thanks!
i have restarted my system to make sure nothing is running on the port and create command ( create meteor taklist ) failed with above error message.