Can't deploy Meteor image on AWS

Upgraded from version 2.2.1 to 2.5.6 (due to MongoDb related problems with 2.7.1).

In the process I’ve tried zodern/meteor Docker image and also geoffretboot/meteor-base:2.7.1 - the end result is the same that AWS (using CodePipeline) does build everything but stops deploying it.

It stays like this until it just times out. Doesn’t look like it’s doing anything.

What are we overlooking?

Check the pipelines and the corresponding errors messages or messages where it is stuck

That is the thing, RJ. There’s no error for the deploy and there’s also no log file (only for the build itself). It just shows the above screenshot and goes on and on.

FYI - this is the only info we have:

TimeoutError
The action failed because a job worker exceeded its timelimit. If this is a custom action, make sure that the job worker is configured correctly.

Seems I’ve found the error in the Cloudwatch log file for our frontend server:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null

Not that I’m any smarter now where it comes from

It is indicated on the next line of the error

Edit: it was also indicated before the error including the filename and the line where it is happening

1 Like

So here’s what happened (if someone comes in a similar situation):

We’ve switched from zodern/meteor Docker image with the following lines:

FROM zodern/meteor
COPY --chown=app:app build/bundle/ /built_app
RUN cd /built_app/programs/server && npm install

to geoffreybooth/meteor-base Docker image. For which we’ve taken out the two lines with the COPY and RUN command (as they are already in the new Docker image).

However the new Docker image failed for us.

So I switched back to zodern/meteor but didn’t add back the COPY and RUN lines - it constantly threw the above error about the node version (which was undefined).

Once I’ve added both lines back, it build & deployed again.

Thanks RJ for once again responding and helping. Highly appreciated that you have done so many times for questions/problems I have raised in this forum where the response rate is otherwise pretty low.

We’re all lucky to have you!