Cant get a basic file upload to work (in React)

Im trying to allow image uploads but I’m falling at the first hurdle!

Im currently using cfs:standard-packages and cfs:filesystem (although Ive tried cfs:gridfs too).

Im using React. In my React component I have an input type of file. When you upload an image and then submit the form the image appears to get logged out OK:

const imgFormSubmit = e => {
	const file =[0];

Im defining a collection. This file isn’t auto loaded to the client or server.

Images = new FS.Collection('images', {
  stores: [new FS.Store.FileSystem('images', { path: '~/uploads' })],
export default Images;

Im importing this into my server/main.js file, although I’m not sure if this is necessary or if the named export is being run?:

import Images from '../imports/api/images';

I also import it into my React component and then attempt to use it in the form:

import Images from '../../../api/images';

const imgFormSubmit = e => {
    const file =[0];

Images.insert(file, function(err, fileObj) {
      if (err) {
      } else {
        console.log('it worked');

When I submit the form the browser console tells me “it worked” but I also get an error:

The provided value 'undefined' is not a valid enum value of type XMLHttpRequestResponseType.

It seems this is a common error but unlike others in that thread the image isnt uploaded to my filesystem.

Also, I’m not sure if this is whats supposed to happen but in my database I have new tables of cfs._tempstore.chunks and cfs.images.filerecord, but no images table like I suspected.

I wouldn’t use CFS anymore. It’s more or less abandoned. Instead, I recommend to use slingshot in combination with a cloud storage. I am using S3 as my image store and this combination just works. Another advantage is that your server won’t have to serve these static files anymore which reduces server load.

Ill take a look at that. I was just looking for a quick solution though, so I could get a working demo on my local computer. Its frustrating after getting up and running so quickly with Meteor that file uploads arn’t simpler.

This is a good short term solution for me:

UPDATE - Meh, it wasn’t so good. I wish Slingshot had a local sandbox mode so you didn’t have to worry about it while just prototyping locally.