Can't get Meteor's reactive container for React working with latest Meteor update

Before I updated Meteor, I had two export default statements on a single page and imported data that way. Now, it gives me the Only one default export allowed per module error.

Fine, so I place the reactive container in it’s own page called editContainer.jsx:

import App from "./app.jsx";
import {createContainer} from 'meteor/react-meteor-data';

export default createContainer(function(){
console.log("It's working")
}, App);

Then in my App component:

import React from "react";
import "./editContainer.jsx";

export default class App extends React.Component {
  render() {
    return(
      <div>This is my app</div>
    )
  }
};

I get no response form the container. Placing a reference to the container via a variable and exporting that doesn’t work either. I get no response from the creative container and it’s driving me crazy. I tried numerous different ways of exporting the App component and importing the createContainer function, but nothing is working.

It might be because the App component gets imported somewhere and you forgot to change the path from the component to container. Happens to me once in a while.

Ugh. The problem was that I didn’t return an object from the createContainer function, therefore it never fired and when it did fire, it gave an error message regarding the aforementioned problem.

I had a similar issue: react component rendered but createContainer/meteor subscription never fired.

I solved it by importing the component without braces:
import CompName from “…/CompName”