Cant get Typescript to work

I’d really like to use typescript in my meteor project but I can’t get it to work. I have followed the documentation and its mentioned guides and examples; even tried running this react sample; but it doesn’t seem to work for me. When I run the app, I get an error that says client/main.js doesn’t exist. Should meteor run automatically compile the my .tsx files? If so, should I see the compiled js files in the client directory (assuming I don’t have an output dir specified in tsconfig like said example ) Because I don’t see any compiled JS… Im thinking meteor complies it and stores it in its compiled cache?
Metoer list shows output below. Also note I’ve tried removing ecmascript package and changing tsconfig target to es5 but no difference.

Please help because I really want to use typescript but feel like a total noob because I can’t even get the dam examples to work!

autopublish            1.0.7  (For prototyping only) Publish the entire database to all clients
barbatus:typescript    0.7.0  TypeScript for Meteor
ecmascript             0.11.1  Compiler plugin that supports ES2015+ in all .js files
es5-shim               4.8.0  Shims and polyfills to improve ECMAScript 5 support
insecure               1.0.7  (For prototyping only) Allow all database writes from the client
meteor-base            1.4.0  Packages that every Meteor app needs
mobile-experience      1.0.5  Packages for a great mobile user experience
mongo                  1.5.0  Adaptor for using MongoDB and Minimongo over DDP
reactive-var           1.0.11  Reactive variable
shell-server           0.3.1  Server-side component of the `meteor shell` command.
standard-minifier-css  1.4.1  Standard css minifier used with Meteor apps by default.
standard-minifier-js   2.3.4  Standard javascript minifiers used with Meteor apps by default.
static-html            1.2.2  Define static page content in .html files
tracker                1.2.0  Dependency tracker to allow reactive callbacks