Can't start Mongo server on new 1.4 project

I began a brand new Meteor project today, and was pleased to see that it triggered an update to 1.4. However, after I created the project (and did a “meteor upgrade”), I immediately ran it. This should have run fine as the default starter project, but it crashed with error message, “Unexpected mongo exit code 14. Restarting.” It repeats this three times, then, “Can’t start Mongo server. Unspecified unrecoverable error. Exit was not clean.” And I get dumped back to the command prompt.

My MongoDB version is 3.2.8, newly updated as per instructions on the Mongo website. Is my error an issue with 1.4, or have I done something wrong? Thanks.

No, you haven’t done anything wrong. Stuff like this happens from time to time, in my experience.

Try:

meteor reset
meteor

And, if that doesn’t work, try deleting the .meteor/local/db folder, then:

meteor

I have the same problem. First it was “Unexpected mongo exit code 100” now 14. Tried all solutions I can find.

1 Like

I have the same problem. First it was “Unexpected mongo exit code 100” now 14. Tried all solutions I can find.

Hmm right same thing here… Meteor…

1 Like

Solved it with an update

I’m already at 1.4.0.1 and I use windows subsystem on linux

If you’re having this issue running Ubuntu inside Vagrant/VirtualBox, then the problem come from working in the synced vagrant folder. The workaround is to initialize the .meteor directory in the home directory and to mount it in the synced folder. Assuming your meteor app is called MyApp and the /vagrant is the synced folder, here’s how to do it:

cd ~  
meteor create MyApp  
cd MyApp  
meteor  
cd /vagrant/MyApp  
sudo mount --bind ~/MyApp/.meteor/ .meteor  
meteor
1 Like