Can't update Meteor for Windows

When I attempt to run my Meteor app on the new Windows Beta, Meteor goes about trying to update itself. I then get a message about access being denied and it quits. Any ideas as to why this is?

The only hint I have is that I noticed that the path it starts with (C:\Users(me)\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.1.0-winr.8\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\fibers\future.js:245) contains “windows.x86_32”. I am running this on a 64 bit machine. Is the current Meteor for Windows beta made for x64 processors?

-Thanks

The problem is that the current installer has some path issues. Notice that there is no slash between “Local” and “.meteor” in your path. We are working on a new installer that fixes this issue.

The release will only have a 32 bit version, but it will run fine on 64 bit machines.

Oops, sorry, that was my typing error. From the command line, the slash is there. So maybe Meteor for Windows isn’t quite ready for prime time on all machines yet?

Thanks for getting back to me

Can you paste the error message here? Or even better on the windows-preview issue tracker: https://github.com/meteor/windows-preview/issues

Oops, my bad. I was trying to run a Meteor project I initially created with the version for Windows that’s at win.meteor.com, but with the new Windows Preview Beta. When I deleted that project and created one with the new version, it updated and started up fine.

Ah, I see. We should test that upgrade path, since that might affect a good number of people.