Changes in the Meteor Team and a New Opportunity

Hey Meteor Community,

We have a significant update to share today. Two team members, Tatiana, our DevRel Manager, and Gabriel, our Advocate and core MeteorJS developer, are moving onto new paths.

Tatiana is taking a step back to prioritize her health. As a highly capable individual on the autism spectrum, Tatiana’s passion for her work sometimes overrode her limits, leading to recent burnout. Though stepping away from her formal role, Tatiana remains passionate about MeteorJS and will continue to contribute in her own capacity.

Gabriel, a key figure in Meteor’s development and a vibrant presence at events and podcast sessions, is taking up an exciting offer at Discourse. We thank Gabriel for his great contributions to Meteor and wish him nothing but success in his new venture.

As we continue to evolve, Meteor Software is seeking a new Software Engineer for the Meteor.js core team. If you’re interested, you can find more information and apply here.

Stay tuned for more updates.

12 Likes

All the success in your new venture @grubba.

6 Likes

All the best to both @TatiBarros and @grubba !

May your paths lead you to continuing growth and joy.

Thank you for all the work you have put into Meteor.js and the community.

@grubba Thank you for helping us out getting support for Blaze Async as far as possible & making it possible for us and others to migrate our apps to Meteor 3.0.

I am sure it was a big amount of time, energy and love you have put into Meteor over the last years. Like everybody in the Meteor team, you went above and beyond what could be expected of you.

For Meteor I hope with changes there also come new ideas and fresh air of course. Meteor 3.0 is approaching and will be launching sometime soon I think (months not years) and a lot of hard work has been completed.

Thank you @fredmaiaarantes for staying at the helm and I think I speak for all of us when I say we’re all looking forward with excitement to see what the future will bring us! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Best of luck to both.

For relationship/advocate role, maybe just fund those who have real skin in the game. There are several key members in the community. Because people just keep joining and leaving. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Thanks, @fredmaiaarantes and the community, for the opportunity!

It was fantastic to come and help the best way I could.

9 Likes

Thank you @grubba :heart: !

2 Likes

God bless them so far. My question is, This will not delayed the 3.0 release.

1 Like

Good luck with your future @grubba . I will miss your enthusiasm! Please stay in touch. You are always welcome on the program.

Regards,
Alim

3 Likes

Be well @TatiBarros and @grubba !! Glad to have known you during your time at Meteor Software. I wish you the best in your next endeavors.

Regards,
Alim

1 Like

All the best @TatiBarros and @grubba!

@grubba now that you work for @discobot I expect some nifty features. Maybe the AI integration we talked about :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The Software Engineer role for the Meteor.js core team has already been filled! :tada:

Soon we will announce our newest team member!

8 Likes