Code editor of choice?

Intellij IDEA. Silly name, awesome editor for all projects, Meteor, WordPress, whatever.

Emacs

yadayodayoyo!!

hell, iā€™ll even hop on Skype and give you a 5 minute Webstorm overview of how we use it if you like. I certainly wish someone did it for me, so Iā€™d be happy to show you the ropes.

Could do it as a Google Hangout if anyone else wants in.

Cheers!

1 Like

Just got an email from a team lead at Jet Brains. They have updated the auto completion engine for Meteor and fixed bugs in the new upcoming version of WebStorm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can make a 5 min video tutorial of setting up Webstorm so that everyone can benefit, just a thought.

@maxhodges that would be phenomenal. Iā€™m in the CDT timezone, and itā€™s 12:35pm. Iā€™ll be out of the client site in 3 hours, so in 4 hours time I should be free to Skype. We could record the conversation as per the suggestion by @chos89 if itā€™s in a sort of short Q&A format and post it in a topic. Itā€™d be a good video in general, but I think it would help any others coming from a full-fledged IDE like VS to learn the new layout and sort of have a mapping of common things youā€™re used to doing in that environment and doing them in WebStorm.

2 Likes

Pretty much what I suggested earlier!

If you did end up recording something, please do post a link to it, Iā€™d love to learn a bit more about WebStorm before using it in earnest.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I never got confirmation from @maxhodges yesterday, but Iā€™m hoping heā€™ll have an opportunity to get with me sometime this week. Even if heā€™s unable to have the recording, I can follow-up with an overview video specific to using WebStorm with Meteor - unless this already exists somewhere out there and I find that link to put here!

Hey guys, Iā€™m in Japan, so weā€™ll probably have a hard time with the time zones. I created an intro video for you. Itā€™s pretty rough, but I hope it leaves a good impression. I cover just a 15 or 20 little things which highlight the very enlightened interface. WebStorm should spend some money and make a more polished video like this because apparently too many people are hesitant to really dive in.

There are really too many features to cover in 15-20 minutes, but I hope it at least entices you to learn more!

just reuploaded to dropbox but looking like meteor forums canā€™t handle thsi link

Cheers!

3 Likes

Pretty please ask them to implement linting and navigate to declaration for package exports.

1 Like

You should ask him yourself, give it a shot: https://twitter.com/anstarovoyt

Sorry, havenā€™t had the time yet to make a twitter account. :smile:

:smile: Very well, Iā€™ve send them a message to please implement support for package exports. If others would do so also that be great.

@maxhodges thanks for the vid. Itā€™s helpful for sure. Do you have a link for the mongo plugin?

EDIT: Found it!

1 Like

there is really so much to cover. Iā€™d need a lot more time to plan out a proper overview.

also new features are coming soon
http://blog.jetbrains.com/webstorm/2015/02/webstorm-10-eap/

hi @bobbyroberts99 even better is Mongol
I actually use this instead of Mongo Explorer now

created by @msavin

Thanks, Iā€™ll try mongol. Canā€™t get Mongo explorer to connect to
localhost:27017 anyways.

maxhodges wrote:

Meteor starts the mongod for you on port 3002

itā€™s probably not 27017!

Max Hodges | Partner at White Rabbit Japan http://whiterabbitjapan.com