Coming soon: Meteor 1.4

That will be amazing!! Finally Mongo 3.2 is coming out!

5 Likes

Woop woop! MDG keep rockin!

5 Likes

Looking forward to a solid maintenance release and the option of using Mongo’s data-at-rest encryption (requires enterprise license; but still). Looking forward to this!

7 Likes

Awesome! So what is “soon”?

I’m currently using the “wip-upgrade-to-node-4” branch to good effect but have changes planned for the moment MongoDB 3.2 hits!

1 Like

I’m curious how new Node versions are going to reflect in performance? I’ve read that Node 6 has drastic speed improvements.

Also, really looking more forward to see an experimental Alpha build of Apollo to play with :D.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Looking forward to Apollo preview

This is the best news I’ve seen since 1.3.

The newer mongo and node versions have some major major performance increases. Node 6 is amazing so the sooner the better.

4 Likes

Fantastic! It will be great to have access to the Mongo 3.2 $lookup operator.

3 Likes

Free performance and a nice Quality of Life update, sounds good to me. :smile:

I wonder how this will affect build/refresh times? I imagine it’s going to make things quicker?

1 Like

That’s great news. Any idea when can we expect to see the first Beta ?

1 Like

Can’t you also use the Atmosphere build server to automatically build binaries for versions of Node officially supported by Meteor? That would save time and sweat for those using packages depending on binaries.

Agreed, any idea when we’re likely to have a usable, testable, version?

Question is: Will $lookup be reactive?

Well, to reiterate a point I made elsewhere, $lookup is part of the aggregation pipeline and so not immediately reactive.

1 Like

That’s amazing news. Great work MDG!!!

Is the DDP batching stuff going to be part of it too?

Looking at the releases, that should be in 1.3.3

So, moderately useless, then. I’m liking Mongodb less and less. There’s a reason why you try to normalize stuff in a database - yes, I can denormalize the data and put it into every document it’s relevant to.

And then I update the data - and now I have to do multiple updates instead of just one (and god help me if I forget one). I’m really not seeing the usefulness of these kind of dbs unless you have a singular table with next to no external dependencies.

2 Likes

This is exactly why Apollo is a thing.

Woo on v1.4!

why not just let us use whatever node version we want. why do we have to lock into v4.