Community survey

Hello everyone,

Me and other community contributors got together and started hashing out how to handle important community packages going forward (especially those that feel abandoned, but are still important).

There are few among us who would like to do a bit more as well, but we want to focus in on areas that there is interest in. So we have taken everything and created a survey, which we would like to ask you to participate in:

The survey will be up till the end of the month (March 2019).
Thank you all for your feedback!

26 Likes

Good idea, have completed my questionnaire

1 Like

I’d suggest adding a question for “Would you be willing to assist in the maintenance of these packages” or the such like

3 Likes

If you’re keen to help, feel free to say so here or in https://github.com/Meteor-Community-Packages/organization/issues/1

2 Likes

How did I miss all this? Count me in.

3 Likes

Anyone with a strong follower-base posting this on some social platforms to generate some reach and to generate some (hopefully) valid data sample?

2 Likes

Great initiative, count me in as well.

I think the survey is missing a question to identify key packages which one would like to maintain long-term (not necessary in dire need for update at the moment).

2 Likes

I have a really good meteor boilerplate project that I’m still using based on yogiben starter.

Features

• autoform and everything working
  • admin panel
  • posting and commenting
  • user profiles
  • sendgrid mails
  • SSR

All working like a charm!! I know we all have our own boilerplates, but, in case anyone is wondering what you can easily do/not do…

If there’s interest I can put up in gitbub and share the link I just need to clean up a bit…

15 Likes

Hello , Im interesting for your boilerplate

2 Likes

I’m interested in seeing how you set up SSR.

2 Likes

Bumping this up.

Will present preliminary results on the weekend of 30th March. Will close the survey the following Sunday and after removing things like emails, will open the results for anyone to examine.

5 Likes

Look forward to seeing the results. Thanks for making the survey! :+1:

1 Like

Great initiative, gals & guys! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much. I’ll try and catch up on the happenings in the community, looks like I’ve slept a bit and actually missed quite a lot of interesting new developments!

Eg. just by googling some things in regards to the packages I use I stumbled across http://www.meteor-tuts.com , and via that over grapher: https://cult-of-coders.github.io/grapher/ …

Cool stuff! Looking forward to getting the community involved. Put me down to partake in a podcast episode once or twice… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As promised here are some preliminary data (the easy ones to quantify)!

Please continue spreading the survey! At this moment there are only 48 respondents. I will close the survey in the morning of 4/6 CEST and do more analysis on my intercontinental flight. So results should come on 4/7 together with the opening of the data.

I guess that people want Transmission podcasts back. :love_letter: :satellite:

12 Likes

Once again pushing this up with a reminder that the survey closes tomorrow.

3 Likes

The results are in!

Here is the link to results (minus emails) and results as I have counted them.

Article coming soon!

5 Likes

Hi Storyteller!

thanks for your great work so far. Keep it up please!

(Edit: I had a blurb here before about some information possibly missing from the second column of the sheet, but I think I might just have looked in the wrong column.)

1 Like

Finally got around on finishing my article about this:

7 Likes

I think you have a typo. You mention 'aldeed:roles, but I suspect you meanalanning:roles`.

3 Likes

Yes! Thanks for spotting that. Fixing.