Connect to existing MongoDB in Windows

I created a Mongodb instance that I want to use for logging. (http://samlea.ch/dev/log4mongo-net/)

So now I have a ‘logs’ db running on the standard Mongo port 27017.

How do I get Meteor to connect and read from it? I’ve read some things stating there are limitations to using existing DBs, but I am not going to update, only read. (Forget the reference)

I tried using MONGO_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/log4net meteor, but that didn’t work and got an error 'MONGO_URL' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

It looks like Meteor defaults the db in to the project directory, versus the DB I have is in a different folder. I’m also concerned I created the DB with a 64bit version and Meteor uses a 32bit?

Thanks for helping a noob.

I am quite not sure how to do this windows component prompt. What you have tried how to do in bash.

Try googling how to expose env vars in windows command prompt.

It turns out you need to restart Windows since it is running as a Local Service, the Env Variables do not get picked up until Windows restarts.

1 Like

@scojomodena: I am having the same issue at the moment. Trying to connect to a mongo test instance that i have on the cloud via the windows mongo shell. This tends to work out pretty smoothy in linux/mac OS when i do

MONGO_URL=mongodb://localhost:27017/log4net meteor

However, windows is not to co-operative when i run that command. Could you please give me a bit more insight as to how i would go about solving this issue?

Thanks

Sorry, just saw this now. Did you get it resolved? Do you know how to set env variables in Windows?

place export in front of the command