Cordova android platform version upgrade to 10.0.0?

Hi,

It seems cordova has released version 10 of it’s Android platform specifically made for targetSDK=30 (which seems to have quite a few changes).

When building our current App with targetSdk 30, the camera just fails to work : Camera permission fails after changing targetsdk version 29->30

So we’re trying again by upgrading the newest camera plugin but it complains that our Android platform is still 9.0.0 (even if cordova is now @10.0.0 since Meteor 2.2)

And because starting in November, Google will only accept apps that target SDK 30. So we won’t be able to upgrade our app on the app store unless that works. We’ll have to rely solely on HCP.

1-Does the new version has to come from a new Meteor release ? If so, is this something planned ?

2-Can it be forced manually ?

Regards,

Burni

as for #2, I’m trying to see where meteor selects android platform @9.0.0 and I see no reference anywhere in .meteor or in ~/.meteor

Any idea where to look ?

Regards,

Burni

Nobody has ever had to change that ? Or it just usually fine ?

Regards,

Burni

Hi @burni13
As for your question, we are planning a release with cordova-android@10 really soon. For sure before November.
Let’s keep talking about this in this issue: https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/11632

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I’ll follow that!
That seems non-trivial as said in the tracker !

Meteor 2.5 is upgrading Android Cordova integration.

Our first beta is already available, please give it a try https://github.com/meteor/meteor/pull/11645

2 Likes

Oh great. I can’t wait to test it!

Regards,

Burni

Have you tested Meteor 2.5-beta.0? Any feedback?

1 Like

We just managed to make it build tonight. With all the cordova-plugins that had changed versions to be specifically compatible with @10.0, it was quite a job just to make that work :slight_smile:

We’ll test the app tomorrow, hoping the camera permissions will work.

Will let you know as soon as we get some results.

Regards,

Burni

1 Like

Just to let you know, our initial tests an Android seems to give good results. The first thing we’ve tested is the camera and it just works!

So far, everything works. What a relief this is to see the camera working ! Kudos to you guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like