Cordova Android V12?

Since cordova-android is now at version 12, does anyone know when Meteor will update to support version 12 of cordova-android? Google Play Store now has increased the requirements for the app to have the Android SDK version to be at least 33. As of Meteor version 2.13, cordova-android only goes up to 10.1.2.

We (quave) have updated Meteor apps recently.

Maybe @matheusccastro could add more details here :slight_smile:

There is a feature branch pending for 9 months.

We are currently trying to fix this issue for our app aswell.

I just don’t know how to quickly install meteor from a feature branch to test it out :slight_smile:

You can already upload/update apps to the store by setting the targetSdkVersion on your mobile-config.js - did that for an existing app and it worked without a problem. Just be aware that if you app uses any new android feature, it will/could break.

Not ideal, but works for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @matheusccastro Did you update your JDK to version 11? We seem to have issues with JDK 8 although I remember Meteor stating that it requires JDK8

Yeah, the app had to be built with Java 11 and an updated command line tools, you can find more info here: Unable to build/submit Android to play store - new requirements API 31 · Issue #12126 · meteor/meteor · GitHub.

There seems to be a talk about Java 11 on the docs, but seems to be on a smaller font Cordova | Meteor Guide.

Thank you very much!

This is the process that worked for me to produce for target sdk version 33

2 Likes