Corrupt meteor installation

I switched my git branch while meteor was running. This caused the SQLlite database to be corrupt. So I removed the whole ~/.meteor folder to start from scratch. But this did not help. For a new Meteor 1.4 app, the server comes up, but not for my Meteor 1.2 app, which was running fine before. The error I am getting is:

/Users/waldgeist/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.1_2.fpzmec++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:165
      throw error;
      ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/private/var/folders/r8/mtf5v4jn331b1j19ncn_74sh0000gn/T/mt-1iksfwi/os.json'
    at Error (native)

This happens right after Meteor displays:

Downloading meteor-tool@1.1.10...

I did a meteor reset on this app and even re-installed Meteor and even Node.js on my Mac. But still this error shows up. Any ideas what is broken here?

Sounds like you’re hitting:

The issue is still open, but it sounds like a CDN connectivity problem. So far most people are reporting that adding the following to their /etc/hosts file fixes the issue:

54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com
1 Like

You’re awesome, thanks a lot for this link!!!

Yes, this was the trap I fell into. The hosts approach worked, but now @abernix posted a different approach that does not involve chancing the hosts file. I add it as a reference here, in case others with stumble upon this problem as well: