Cucumber - minus Phantom plus Chrome. How?

A frustration I had with the discovering the root cause of the problem of my question Murder by Cucumber … cannot submit form! was being unable to see what was going on. My previous experience with Selenium was with its macro-recorder, which I found to be very powerful. Awkwardly, it required a headless version of FireFox to be useful for CI. PhantomJS is great for CI, but I sure do miss the visibility.

A ChromeDriver plugin (?) is a available for WebDriver.io but it seems like a big deal to hook it up.

Does anyone here know how to do it?

The new cucumber allows you to set the browser and it will automatically download selenium server for you! Just type:

SELENIUM_BROWSER=firefox meteor

I’m working on a chrome driver option soon.

Oh Wow! That’s great!

But, I have a doubt – where should I define that? In an editor? Command line?

command line before you start meteor. It’s an environment variable

You can also use this.browser.saveScreenshot. See here: http://webdriver.io/api/utility/saveScreenshot.html

I finally got back to trying out the SELENIUM_BROWSER environment variable.

With everything else working well when I use that setting I get this error :

Before 
  RuntimeError: RuntimeError
       (UnknownError:13) An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command.
       Problem: POST /session//timeouts/async_script
  Build info: version: '2.44.0', revision: '76d78cf', time: '2014-10-23 20:02:37'
  System info: host: 'qtst', ip: '127.0.1.1', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '3.13.0-49-generic', java.version: '1.7.0_75'
  Driver info: driver.version: unknown

Reported initial settings :

Spawn script arguments:
parentPid: 2854
command: meteor
commandArguments: [ 'run',
  '--test-app',
  '--port',
  '48033',
  '--include-tests',
  'cucumber/fixtures',
  '--settings',
  '/tmp/tmp-2879EgKTfb0sL7tu.tmp',
  '--raw-logs',
  '--release',
  'velocity:METEOR@1.1.0.2_1' ]

We need to work on these bug reports a little :slight_smile:

It would help me to know the exact command you typed and the full logs.

I can appreciate that it might not be adequate information, and I’d be happy to supply more. But I diff’d the log of a successful run with phantomjs against the failed one with firefox. Those were the only two informative sections.

I’d hoped you’d spot the problem with just that, but since not, I’m going to go back to a bare minimum scenario, and see if it fails with practically nothing to do.

I’ll let you know.

Please have a look at :
Unknown server-side error “POST /session//timeouts/async_script” when using Firefox #72