Custom AutoForm with array of objects in afEachArrayItem blocks

I’m working on dictionary app, and schema have a nested structure.

articles (collection)
-words (array of objects {"note", "word"} ) 
-translations (array of objects {"translation", "examples"} )
--examples (array of objects {"example", "translation"} ) that means 
 examples of word usage with it's translation. 

The {{> quickForm collection=articles … }} are working fine, but I want to change template and functionality by some conditions…

I tried to use

{{#autoForm collection=articles id="insertArticleForm" class="article-form" }}
        {{#afEachArrayItem name='words'}}
            {{> afFieldInput name=this.current.note placeholder='schemaLabel' class="note"}}
            {{> afFieldInput name=this.current.word placeholder='schemaLabel' class="word"}}
            <button type="button" class="autoform-remove-item"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-remove"></span></button>
        {{/afEachArrayItem}}
        <button type="button" class="autoform-add-item" data-autoform-field="words"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-plus"></span></button>
{{/autoForm}}

But it doesn’t work.
It looks like this old issue: Meteor: Custom AutoForm with array of objects
but it seems after some recent updates of Meteor/Autoform, this syntax doesn’t work… and author of plugin doesn’t answer on issues for months (

When I changed {{> afFieldInput name=this.current.note }} to {{> afFieldInput name=‘words.$.note’ }} it seems like working , form appears with all needed fields, but nothing are submit on the server. Even in this simple example, without nested fields…

Something like that works for me (It is based on the answer on the SO from your link, I can’t tell how it works with more nested structure):

<div class="list-group">
    {{#afEachArrayItem name="cities"}}
    <div>
        {{> afFieldInput label=true name=this.current.name}}  
        {{> afFieldInput label=true name=this.current.people}}
        <button type="button" class="btn btn-primary autoform-remove-item"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-minus"></span></button>
    </div>
    {{/afEachArrayItem}}
    <button type="button" class="btn btn-primary autoform-add-item" data-autoform-field="cities"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-plus"></span></button>
</div>

I don’t see difference with my code, which I’ve posted…

Hi @aparus, how did you resolve this issue?
I’m currently have the same, it’s urgent for me to resolve it.

Hi, @alexpyslar. Sorry for late. I’ve written my own blaze template from the scratch.