Cypruss meetup 2024

So I’m going to Cypruss next week for a conference, but I will stay for a bit longer to recover from Whooping cough. As such there is an option to have a Meteor meetup on Monday 3.6. (or over the weekend 1.6. and 2.6.).

Anyone interested? Can we put something together?

@dr.dimitru
@DanielDornhardt

Who else is in Cyprus?

I hope you meant while it was surging from where you are from, or else that will be an interesting face-to-face meetup :smiley:

1 Like

I no longer have Whooping cough, but the damage it caused can have me coughing for up to 3 months, so I’m staying a bit longer on Cyprus to speed up my recovery.

2 Likes

Hoping for your fast recovery. Vaccination is being accelerated in our country as deaths increased by 50x this year

Hi, I sent you my schedule already via email - I had quite an exciting week and it’ll stay exciting until probably about next Sunday… so I can’t organize anything special for interested 3rd parties on the Weekend. I’ll be happy if I survive until then :smiley:

I’d be happy to meet up & hang out of course!

We’ll be in touch, welcome to Cyprus!

2 Likes

I’m happy to help you share the meetup and organize something. Maybe we could work together to make an official announcement, which might bring more people to participate.

1 Like

Hello @storyteller
Will be happy to see you tonight on opening ceremony. DM me for Telegram or phone number

@acamikuro that would be great. Common activities in Cyprus is to go hiking or chill next to the beach. I like in mountainous area and can give good advise on “easy to walk and chat” trails far above summer heat

1 Like

@acamikuro we can try to make it official “side event” of Reflect fest. Let me know what’s needed to make it happen

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll need some information:
what is the purpose of this meetup, topics that might interest everyone (Meteor updates? open source in general? networking?), a time and place to meet (a park? a restaurant? a coffee shop?), what you’ll be doing during the meetup (talks? presentations? just chatting?), afterward this content will be available somewhere… so I can write something informative.

it would be interesting to have photos of the meetup participants to share later on Meteor Socials!

1 Like

Was awesome meeting with @dr.dimitru today!

The meetup purpose is to bring together Cyprus Meteor developers for a meet and greet with updates on Meteor.js and the community. I volunteer myself for AMA session. Sadly since I’m still recovering I would prefer to meet at some establishment.
Will meet with @dr.dimitru again tomorrow and decide on the time and place (suggestions are welcome).

11 Likes

aaawn that is such awesome!! :star_struck: :rocket:
Can I use this photo on the Slack community to share this information?

2 Likes

Go ahead! We should have more info hopefully soon!

Hello everyone, the meetup will take palce on Monday 6/3 at 15:00 at Yellow Cafe on the Limassol promenade.

@acamikuro would it be possible to create an event on Facebook to advertise it to more people. Thank you!

2 Likes

As for myself I will quickly talk about Meteor 3 news, Meteor Community Packages news and related topics like looking into the future.

Just a reminder that the meetup is tomorrow!

Looking forward to see people today!

Hi @storyteller ! Would that be 3pm Cyprus time then, is that correct? Looking forward to come over!

1 Like