Unexplainable slow behavior since yesterday. We’ve just updated to latest version (1.10.1) a couple days ago (!) and it’s only me experiencing this very slow loading (not my colleagues but they run Ubuntu whilst I’m the only one on MacOS). So the problem exists only since a couple of hours, no changes to any packages or Meteor for days.
It takes 28-45s to load some 387 docs into MiniMongo.
I’ve tried to use the Meteor DevTools Evolved Chrome extension but both the DDP and MiniMongo tab doesn’t show anything at all. Only when I installed Meteor DevTools (old version from the The Bakery) it showed the very slow loading via DDP.
We’ve tried the following to no avail:
- Meteor reset on both frontend / backend
- Meteor update on both frontend / backend
- Removed node_modules on both frontend / backend
- Removed bundler-cache/linker folder
- Tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari (all show same behavior)
- Tried both the Production and the Beta database, same problem
I’ve had the same behavior when I tried to upgrade to 1.9 back when it just came out. I reverted back to 1.9.
The logs are all showing the same behavior, nothing (no CPU, no request) happens for a couple of seconds before the first couple of docs come dripping in. Then a pause for a couple seconds, then a couple more docs, a pause, a couple more docs.
I would pull my hair out but none is left.