Will like to introduce the community to OpsCaptain (Cloud hosting provider for developers - Operating since 2016). OpsCaptain provides a Heroku-like experience for a fraction of what you pay on Heroku. The platform comes built in with MongoDB (Shared) or you can deploy a dedicated MongoDB in another container if you want access to the Oplog.
We provide all the features of a modern cloud as we reviewed current providers on the market to build out platform. Git integration, CLI, Buildpacks, Zero downtime deployment and Let’s encrypt certs are provided.
Platform overview worth noting:
- Only scales up vertically. If you want to scale out, OpsCaptain has no support for this.
- We offer basic monitoring such as CPU and memory usage without historical metrics.
- Meteorjs applications are built with the Heroku Horse buildpack. (https://github.com/AdmitHub/meteor-buildpack-horse)
- Shared MongoDB database does not have Oplog tailing. Something to keep in mind.
- No email support just forum support. However, we do respond timely.
Pricing overview (Billed hourly):
All instances come with a free 1 GB shared MongoDB database.
- 128 MB container - $1.55/mo
- 256 MB container - $2.59/mo
- 512 MB container - $5.18/mo
- 1 GB container - $10.36/mo
More on OpsCaptain Meteor.js hosting:
Our pricing rivals DIY on Vultr, DigitalOcean and makes better sense to use OpsCaptain instead of the MUP + VPS combo considering all you get. You can review all features on our pricing page.