Dev.to article: Meteor vs Webpack vs Parcel (go Meteor!)

I wanted to share the awesomeness of Meteor, so I posted an article on dev.to under the guise of “Meteor vs Webpack vs Parcel”.

13 Likes

That is a well written article and captures how I perceive Meteor as well.

This guy Ben works on Meteor now, and his code is f***ing clean; something to be inspired by.

I second that one as well, he is really an inspiration, and he really did an incredible work on Meteor over the last few years which I think more people need to know about it, so thanks for spreading the word.

9 Likes

Love the article… Title is a bit click baity though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I simply could not resist replying to the first comment: https://dev.to/johhansantana/comment/ckj6

2 Likes

Yeah, that first comment is not even true, the change from 1.2 to 1.3 was backward compatible.

I just find it really strange how people are so quick to spread false, negative info online. They just create more confusion and FUD. I mean there are always things to criticize and improve and you can’t please everyone, but at least folks need to get the facts right and be constructive about it.

Also I think those who are successfully using the system (the happy silent majority) need to be move vocal and help in clarifying some of that FUD/confusion.

5 Likes