Disable pub/sub,reactivity

Hi!

I want to experiment from pulling Documents from the Server and just displaying them on the client using Blaze.

My theory is that disabling Pub/Sub will speed things up. I do no care about reactivity.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Do we simply make a 1-time call onCreated and store documents into MiniMongo.

I believe I can save a lot of dev time in implementing sorts, filters, searches, etc…by just using JQuery DataTable instead of rewriting a lot of Mongo Filters.

Any insights?

Thanks!

You can use methods to retrieve data without reactivity or Apollo GraphQL has a nice integration and you can get the data without establishing subscriptions. Without any subscriptions things should speed up significantly as Meteor doesn’t need to maintain any of those connection.
With Meteor 3 is is ever more easier to setup a REST server so you could use that as well.
But do note that some packages will run subscriptions, but in general I doubt that is going to have an effect if the rest of your app is without them.

Still it might be an interesting experiment to see how things can go. I think the new Meteor website actually shows that Meteor can be very performant.