Disable reactivity on one field

I am currently creating a table that is editable inline with sorting features. However, if I sort by the value of one of the fields and then update the field, the table continuously sorts and moves all over the table. I need all other reactive features on other fields and sorting, so can’t just turn off reactivity.

Any idea on how I can approach this?

I’m using createContainer, React, and sorting with publications.

If you sort the data by a static property, like by _id, you can do your custom sorting in the react component itself. Use componentWillReceiveProps to control the updates on the rendering, and keep a local copy of the data in local state to get full control of the order of the components, and manually diff the changes.

In practice, I imagine it is a little bit fiddly to get the exact user experience you are after, but it should be doable. Don’t let createContainer control your rendering life!

Thanks! The thing is that I need to sort by budget. Also, I can’t do local sorting within the component because I’m paginating my info.

Same here (reviving an old thread)

Router.route('/o/:oid', {
  name: 'orgdash',
  data() {
    return Leads.findOne({_id: this.params.oid}, {fields: {stats: 0}});
  },
});

It seems that reactivity is triggered when “stats” is changed even if not querying the field “stats”.
Is it normal and how not trigger reactivity in this case (the solution would be to put stats in another collection, but that not handy and does not reply the question anyway)
I can not use {reactivity: false} as I do want reactivity for other fields.