Downgrading from 1.3 to 1.2

Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 broke a perfectly good mobile app.

Downgrading back from 1.3 kept my app broken.

How does one go about downgrading gracefully back to the version that worked? Should I reinstall meteor from scratch?

I’m getting hundreds of errors now regarding meteor add-platform ios android and when I try to build.

Thanks

have you tried meteor reset after downgrade?

If you used git to keep a history of the changes in your app, then you can revert back to a previous save state. If you haven’t done that, I’d highly recommend getting to know git and using it; then it’d be no problem to downgrade. If you don’t have the previous state of your app saved, then you might need to edit .meteor/packages, .meteor/versions, and .meteor/release manually to make sure you have the older packages and versions in those files, then you’d need to run meteor reset.

Another thing you could do is delete .meteor/versions completely, then after changing the Meteor version in .meteor/release run meteor reset. That will create a new .meteor/version file for you. The only downside to this is that it won’t guarantee you’ll have the same versions of all the packages before you updated to 1.3 and back to 1.2 again. It’ll give you the latest versions of all packages compatible with the current release in .meteor/release.

tried it, nothing worked :frowning:

Guys, it’s a cordova problem which was introduced when meteor upgraded. Meteor upgraded to 1.3 and clearly made changes to the cordova version. I think cordova somehow was upgraded permanently? `

Unfortunately, meteor somehow got past git. It must have modified external
resources.

I did a git checkout meteor_1.2_branch, but everything was still broken.
Isn’t that a bit odd?

I think it’s a problem with my mobile config. I’ve no idea why MDG does not have an easy-access to to older doc versions. Many keys introduced in mobile-config for 1.3 BREAK if used in 1.2 :confused:

Here’s the error:

Using buildOptions : {}

/Users/jay/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.1.10.6afa8n++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/fibers/future.js:245
						throw(ex);
						      ^
Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory
    at process.chdir (/Users/jay/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.1.10.6afa8n++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/cordova-lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:18:9)
    at process.chdir (/Users/jay/.meteor/packages/less/.2.5.1.1mlqcuv++os+web.browser+web.cordova/plugin.compileLessBatch.os/npm/compileLessBatch/node_modules/less/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:14:9)
    at CordovaProject.runCommands (/tools/cordova/project.js:617:15)
    at CordovaProject.buildForPlatform (/tools/cordova/project.js:187:10)
    at /tools/cli/commands.js:975:28
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:356:18
    at [object Object]._.extend.withValue (/tools/utils/fiber-helpers.js:114:14)
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:349:34
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:347:23
    at Object.enterJob (/tools/utils/buildmessage.js:321:26)
    at /tools/cli/commands.js:970:22
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:268:13
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:261:29
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:259:18
    at /tools/utils/buildmessage.js:250:23
    at Object.capture (/tools/utils/buildmessage.js:249:19)
    at Object.main.captureAndExit (/tools/cli/main.js:270:29)
    at /tools/cli/commands.js:957:10
    at buildCommand (/tools/cli/commands.js:1012:8)
    at Command.main.registerCommand._.extend.name [as func] (/tools/cli/commands.js:791:12)
    at /tools/cli/main.js:1378:23

Well, it is apparently working now – the problem was with the mobile-config. That damn little file causing so much problems!