Downloading meteor-tool@1.4.0-1

I start my app by running meteor, and before it starts, it downloads the new version.

Downloading meteor-tool@1.4.0-1...        [========                  ] 30% 42.7s

So I wait. :confused:
When the download finishes, the app starts normally. After I stop the app, I see that it’s still version 1.3.5.1, so the project wasn’t updated, although the update was downloaded. I don’t quite understand the point of this.

If I execute meteor update right after that, it downloads the same thing again:

Downloading meteor-tool@1.4.0-1...       

And then it’s stuck forever.
(Windows 10, 64bit.)

Same happens for me on OS X 10.11.5

Happens here also =/

same,but not only under windows 10, linux mint also

Same here on OS X 10.11.5 too.

linux: no joy either, but! after interrupting the download and logging out, I tried again and it did work after all

After struggling for couple of days …IT WORKED FOR ME ==> 1.4.0.1

1 - clear cache .meteor , if it is not removed use ( peaZip manager tool to delete it by force )
2 - create a new meteor project
3 - add the packages one by one or divide them into small sets
a - figured out accounts-password is the problem
4 - shift your files to the new project
5 - install visual c++ build tools 2015 ( no need for VS )

I know this is may not be the perfect way, but at least this walk around gave me the solution

same here on OSX. ubuntu 14 and c9.io enviroment

Same here, every time I run tests, I get this (it completes, but it takes forever).

Discovered a simple workaround that fixed this issue for me:

Run meteor update from a non-project folder.

Download completed. Then I was able to return to my project directory and successfully run meteor update there.

Cheers…

Simply running meteor update fixed this for me.

I have the same problem. I can’t run meteor project created in 1.4.0-1. It starts downloading meteor-tool and stops

Same problem here.
Also i have been having this problem at each version change for months if not years.

I’ve solved this problem and maybe it will also help you. I’ve just run meteor update outside of meteor project. After successful downloading the newest meteor tool I can now meteor update each project individually.

Thank you, but il already tried that, with same result.

Try > meteor update --patch

I had the same issue. I had to create a new project and move and rename my original files into the newly created folder. Then it worked just fine without any update commands.

Same happens for me on Windows 10 64 bit.I tried to run meteor update --patch and meteor update in and out of a project folder and did not work. I am unable to work with the Meteor. Can anyone help please?

Try adding the following to your local hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts):

54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com 

Then run a meteor reset in your app directory (warning - will wipe your local DB), then try starting your app again.