#each not working in nested templates

I’m having an issue where using {{#each}} in a nested template doesn’t work. The template works fine, but not the #each loop. You can find example code here (it won’t work in JSFiddle but pasting the code here wasn’t working). Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks

Your get helper is being declared in the hello template and that’s why it won’t work in the test template, unless you declare another get helper in your test template.

Wow, I can’t believe I missed that. Thanks

Do you know if there’s an easy way to access a parent template’s helper functions? It looks like this addon would do the job but you might as well just do without the plugin and write the helpers again.

I’m not really sure if you can do that without using any addons. One of them is the template-extension which you’ve already found out, another is this blaze components which allows you to write reusable components in blaze.

I’ll have to check that out more, it looks better than the one I found. Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Just a side note, if you want to host a sample meteor app so that people can help you with a problem you are facing, then I would suggest you use MeteorPad.com, it’s like JSFiddle for Meteor.