Encore.ts claiming a 9x faster speed when compared to Express

Perhaps this is worth considering and if not too much of a problem we should get to a point where I can start a new project with --express or --encore

Built in features with 0 NPM dependencies:

@paulishca

For me, it looks like Encore is a web framework like Meteor, but not in any way compatible, so it can not be used with Meteor. Correct me if someone knows better.

Have to agree with @xet7 the first look like it won’t be compatible. Definitely not an option where you can choose between Encore or Express. At best either or option. That is due to how the integration is and what Meteor is. If you start picking on core things like this then you no longer have Meteor, but pick your own adventure and the whole becomes unmaintainable (unless you have a few millions eur/usd to sink into this each year).

1 Like

Meteor v6 perhaps :). The Encore.ts app with routing could be a like-for-like with Express (same features). But for just routing I am not sure the Rust benefits kick in.
" 1. A high-performance runtime, with a multi-threaded, asynchronous event loop written in Rust (using Tokio and Hyper).
"

You can have routing with Express today.

Similar proposals were floating with Bun.js and Deno. While interesting there is still a lot that, I think, we can squeeze out from our current setup before investing resources into re-building the core again. I would see this on the same amount of effort and upgrade annoyance as Meteor 3 was.
Either way we would first need a prototype to show that it is a worthy effort.