Error after transferring my project folder to another computer to work on

So I was working on a project when I had to leave for the weekend but wanted to keep working on it on my laptop. Therefore, I transferred the whole project over and now I can’t do anything. I can’t even check the version (meteor --version).
Is there something I can do about this or am I missing something from the other computer?

I’ve tried v1.4.1.1 and the latest version

Sorry if this has been asked before. I found 3 topics that seemed to get quite similar errors but no solution.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.4.1_1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\lib\node_modules\meteor-promise\promise_server.js:165
      throw error;
      ^

Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, unlink 'C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Meteor Projects\network\.meteor\local\dev_bundle'
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.unlinkSync (fs.js:932:18)
    at exports.makeLink (C:\tools\cli\dev-bundle-links.js:20:8)
    at [object Object].ensureDevBundleLink (C:\tools\project-context.js:1416:7)
    at [object Object]._readFile (C:\tools\project-context.js:1350:10)
    at new exports.ReleaseFile (C:\tools\project-context.js:1300:8)
    at C:\tools\cli\main.js:825:22

What do you mean “transferred”? I think the easiest way would be to use git to clone to the target machine. Then if you follow the normal meteor install on your target machine, you shouldn’t have an issue?

1 Like

Transferred as in transferred the whole folder over to my external HDD so I could have it on my laptop for later use.
This felt like the faster and easier solution when you’ve got an upload speed of 0.5Mbit, which would have taken a long time.

It may take a long time, but I’ve had good luck with

1. installing meteor
  2. git clone
  3. meteor npm install
  4. meteor
1 Like