Errors on Windows

This is my first foray into javascript development. I’m exploring meteor and finding errors as I install different packages. I am on a windows 7 computer, are there known to be problems with meteor on windows or have you all had similar experiences? It isn’t ideal to have to deal with technical problems all of the time while learning.

Currently, I am trying to uninstall meteor-em and install iron-meteor.

Installing iron-meteor (npm install -g iron-meteor) I have these problems:

MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component “VCBuild.exe”.

and

Failed at the fibers@1.0.5 install: ‘node ./build.js’…this is most likely a problem with the fibers package

Uninstalling meteor-em (npm uninstall -g meteor-em) I have these problems:

npm Warn uninstall not installed in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\node_modules: “meteor-em”

You are using npm 3rd party package and talking about issues with Meteor.

Iron is just scaffolding 3rd party tool, you can learn to use Meteor without it with no issues.

And as mentioned in sticky post, stack overflow is better place to ask for help with technical issues.

Why are you using npm? Did you check here for how to install Meteor packages?

@shock My apologies, I more so mean that I am experiencing problems while trying to learn meteor. I will use stack overflow in the future.

@Steve I am following a screencast on Evented Mind, I would like to use the iron command line scaffolding tool. Is there a way to do this by adding a meteor package? I don’t think meteor add iron:router does this.

For now I am using nitrous.io. Hopefully this avoids further technical issues :slight_smile: